Neil Hamilton is acting in two roles in one of the oldest clichés in films–the notion of identical strangers! It seems that a tiny kingdom is doomed to be invaded unless they can make a marriage alliance by another nearby country. However, the prince is a jerk–and couldn’t care less if his country is invaded and so he refuses the marriage. Well, it just so happens that there is an actor who looks a lot like the prince (exactly, actually) and he goes to woo the fair princess (Una Merkel).
Command Performance is a 1931 American Pre-Code drama film directed by Walter Lang.
- Neil Hamilton as Peter Fedor/Prince Alexis
- Una Merkel as Princess Katerina
- Helen Ware as Queen Elinor
- Albert Gran as King Nicholas
- Lawrence Grant as Count Vellenburg
- Thelma Todd as Lydia
- Vera Lewis as Queen Elizabeth
- Mischa Auer as Duke Charles
- Burr McIntosh as Masoch
- Wilhelm von Brincken as Capt. Boyer
- Murdock MacQuarrie as Blondel