Prelude To Fame
While vacationing in Italy, Nick Morell, son of John Morell, a famous English philosopher and amateur musician and his wife Catherine, becomes friendly with young Guido, and Morell discovers the boy has an extraordinary instinct for orchestration and a phenomenal music memory.
A neighboring couple, Signor and Signora Boudini become aware of the boy’s talents, and she appeals to his parents to let her educate him musically. Torn by their love for their son and, they feel,the duty to let the world hear his talent, they consent. The boy is tutored by Dr. Lorenzo. Signora Bondini denies the boy all contact with his parents and everyone else except her. She also has neither sent his letters to his family, nor let him see the ones they’ve sent to him.
He becomes phenomenally successful and makes the grand tour of Europe as Signora Bondini is enraptured by the acclaim given her through her “discovery” of the boy. She prepares to take him to America and also prepares adoption papers.
- Guy Rolfe John Morell
- Kathleen Byron Signora Anne Bondini
- Kathleen Ryan Catherine Morell
- Jeremy Spenser Guido Ferugia
- Henry Oscar Signor Mario Bondini
- Rosalie Crutchley Carlotta Ferugia
- John Slater Dr. Lorenzo
- James Robertson Justice Sir Arthur Harold
- Ferdy Mayne Carlo Ferugia
- Robert Rietty Giuseppe
- Robin Dowell Nick Morell
- Hugo Schuster Dr. Freihaus
- Michael Balfour Lucio
- Christopher Lee Newsman
- David McCallum Sr. Leader of orchestra, Royal Albert Hall(as David McCallum)
- Dora Hyde Leader of orchestra, Naples
- Michael Croudson Nick’s Friend(as Michael Crowdson)
- Don Liddel Benjamino