Brenner Confidential Squad
Episode “Small Take”
Brenner is an American crime drama of the 1950s and 1960s. The series was filmed in New York City focusing on Lieutenant Roy Brenner, a 20-year veteran of the Internal Affairs Department of the NYPD, and his son Ernie, a rookie detective, who travel around the city solving various crimes. The series starred Edward Binns and James Broderick as Lt. Roy Brenner and Det. Ernie Brenner, respectively.
- Lieutenant Roy Brenner – portrayed by Edward Binns. Lt. Brenner, commonly referred to as just Brenner, is the police lieutenant of the Confidential Squad. Lt. Brenner is a street hardened veteran, as he has been working for the NYPD for twenty years.
- Patrolman Ernie Brenner – portrayed by James Broderick. Ernie Brenner, commonly referred to as Officer Brenner, is an idealistic rookie plainclothesman for the NYPD. He, along with his father Roy, travel around New York City solving crimes.*
- Detective Steve Mason – portrayed by Dick O’Neill
- Inspector Spaud – portrayed by Walter Greaza
- Detective Al Dunn – portrayed by Sydney Pollack
- Detective Tom Cleary – portrayed by Crahan Denton
- Officer Richard Clayburn – portrayed by Gene Hackman